Friday, October 14, 2016

Coffee Island

Let me take you to Coffee Island


My daughter and I were messing around trying to make paintings out of coffee. It looks so effortless on those YouTube videos....to just dribble some coffee on paper and let it make a pretty shape but in reality it is a bit of  a nightmare... it tends to flow off with a mind of its own. After several tries I managed to do this one. The grasses/palm trees were blown with a straw so that the coffee spread out in tiny fronds. I added some blue ink as well. I call it Coffee Island.


Let me take you to Coffee Island
Where the rivers are lattes
and the sand is make of sugar
Where the waterfalls drip Pumpkin Spice Latte
And warm coffee cake grows like flowers.

Did you ever try painting with coffee? What kinds of results did you get?

You can buy prints, canvases, rugs etc of COFFEE ISLAND here.


Linking up to Paint Party Friday and Brilliant Blog Posts.


Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

18 comments:

  1. Love your coffee island, and I drink rivers of coffee, but I don't think I could bear to paint with it! I just have to drink it! Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your piece looks awesome! I have never tried this. I've dyed papers with tea before though. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic piece Emma! I think you should play with the coffee more:) I have used coffee granules and then spritzed with water for mark making for a wabi sabi canvas I did. Fun and yes, unpredictable. happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Haven't tried coffee but I do like working with the paint running everywhere then finding the images intuitively!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you did that pic with coffee! It's awesome. have you ever thought about doing a youtube vid or something similar yourself of you and the kids doing it? I'd watch :)

    I do things like rolling the marbles in paint and then on paper with my kids. I do totally rookie stuff, but its fun :)

    #brilliantblogpost
    www.betterthanbusy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would like to do videos I am just not sure how you film yourself. It might involve tripods or something??😂

      Delete
  6. This is a lovely little island! I have never painted with coffee but it sounds like it was a fun process. I remember blowing through a straw to move paint around when I was a kid. Might be fun to try it again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I absolutely love this Island. No I have never tried painting with coffee. I drink it too much LOL. This however has so many possibilities. Your painting is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful‼ Love latte and your words and Art ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is gorgeous! That added blue really makes it. Love your poem. I want to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very nice! i love the unpredictable effects of using a straw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried painting with coffee, I like the effects in yours. It looks both challenging and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adventurous medium to try, and it came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Coffee Island is a perfect name for this. I think it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice colours :) I've painted with coffee since I hate the taste, found it worked best when really really watered down and I just let it do what it wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! What fun! While the thought has crossed my mind quite a few times, I've never actually painted with coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete